Important note for 2020-2021: Due to the social distancing regulations, the university has mandated that all local walks must have a maximum capacity of six participants (including the walk leader). To enforce this we will be implementing a sign-up system using SuperSaas, which will be circulated through our mailing list.
Local walks bring you around Oxford and beyond and is a great and easy way to see the countryside and other local attractions. All walks either start in Oxford’s city centre or use public transport (bus/train) to get to the starting point.
There is no need to book your place in advance, just turn up on time!
Everyone is very welcome, you do not need to be a member of the club to come on local walks (although there are other benefits to being a member).
- Freshers’ Walk: Banbury Figure of Eight, Saturday 10th October
- Seven Shires Way Part I, Saturday 10th October
- Freshers’ Walk: Exploring Oxford and beyond, Sunday 11th October
- Bessels Leigh and Cumnor, Saturday 17th October
- Final Stage of the Ridgeway, Saturday 17th October
- Wytham Woods Navigation Training, Sunday 18th October
- Blenheim Circular, Saturday 18th October
- Exploring the Cotswolds, Sunday 25th October
- Navigation Training, Sunday 1st November
- Otmoor Bird Sanctuary, Sunday 1st November
- Exploring the Berkshire Hills, Saturday 7th November
- Chilterns Circular, Sunday 8th November
- Islip and Water Eaton, Saturday 14th November
- Reading to Goring, Sunday 15th November
- Uffington White Horse, Saturday 21st November
- Reading to Henley, Sunday 22nd November
- Great Malvern, Sunday 29th November
- Marathon Walk, Sunday 29th November
Click for more: