Resources For Trip Organisers and Leaders
The following are intended as useful/essential resources for Trip Organisers, Leaders and Drivers, but they may also be of interest to others.
Key club documents
- These can now be found on this page
- Participation Statement for led trips – every participant must read and sign this form before a trip if not signing up online. As most signups are now done online, this is rarely used.
- Participation Statement for Freshers’ Trip – every participant must read and sign this form before the Freshers’ trip if not signing up online. As most signups are now done online, this is rarely used.
- Payment Claim Form: Word / PDF – form to claim money for expenses incurred (for example when leading trips)
- Loan Agreement Form: Word / PDF – for borrowing club equipment
Other sources of information and references (external links):
- Information on ticks from the BMC (BMC website)
- British Mountaineering Council (BMC) website
- Mountain Leader Training UK (MLTUK) website
- Mountain Weather Information Service (MWIS)
- Met Office mountain area forecasts
- ‘Where’s the path?’ – Tool for matching rights of way marked on OS maps with actual paths
- Visorando – Free tool for planning and sharing walks on OS maps
- Digimap – Free access to OS maps for students of most UK universities
- Walking time calculator (your mileage may vary with this…)
- Pub finders:
Documents from Sports Fed:
- Incident Card – a sheet detailing the procedures to be followed in the case of an emergency
- Sports Fed Accident/Incident Form
- Minibus Drivers’ Advice Sheet – advice sheet produced by the Club and distributed to Club minibus drivers
- Information on the University Minibus Scheme (external link) from the Sports Federation