Although you don’t have to be a member of the Walking Club to come on Local Walks, you must be a member to go on weekend trips and minibus day trips. All memberships must be renewed at Michaelmas.
There are two types of membership: annual or just for one term. Annual memberships all expire at the end of the summer vacation.
- Annual membership: £20
- Single-term membership: £13
Joining / Renewal
To become a member, just fill in the online booking form. Anyone joining or renewing membership must complete a membership form (pdf) (doc). Completed forms should be sent to the Membership Secretary, or brought to Free Tea. Contact the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding membership. Please note: any membership forms and payments sent during the vacation may not be processed until the start of the following term.
As a member, you get a lot of service and benefits:
- Entrance to all of the club’s socials. Regular events include a Céilidh in Michaelmas Term and a Punt Party in Trinity Term.
- Free loan of the club’s extensive range of equipment (subject to availability).
- A 15% discount at Abingdon Outdoor Traders (in store).
- A 12% discount at Above and Beyond (online).
- A 20% discount at Craigdon Mountain Sports (online).
- A 10% discount at Outdoor World Direct (online).
- A 10% discount at Berghaus (online).
- A 10% discount at Simply Hike UK (online).
- To obtain a discount code to use on the websites for the above stores, please email the membership secretary (email@example.com).
- The right to vote and stand for committee positions in the club’s Termly General Meeting.
- Because the Walking Club is affiliated to the British Mountaineering Council (BMC), members have other benefits, including:
- The Clubs edition of Summit Magazine (in April).
- A BMC membership card, giving a variety of member discounts.
- Access (or cheaper access) to 64 mountain huts (list) in the UK.
- Third party liability insurance, applicable worldwide. (For example this covers you if you injure a third party by dislodging a rock.)
- Access to reciprocal rights for Alpine Huts.
- A portion of your membership fee will go to help the BMC campaign on access and conservation issues.
Get in touch with the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about membership.
The elected committee oversees the Club’s budget, and ensures that the membership revenue is spent sensibly as to benefit the Club’s membership as a whole.
In most cases, membership is non-refundable, particularly as we have to pay subscriptions to the BMC for each member. We recognise that you may wish to join solely to go on a Club trip, so under these conditions you may cancel membership:
- Memberships taken out during 1st or 2nd Week of any term may be cancelled with full refund if requested by the end of 2nd Week of the same term, provided that the member has not got places on any trips nor made any other use of the membership meanwhile. On cancellation of membership, any places on reserve lists for trips, as well as any place on the priority list for trip allocation in future terms, will be forfeited.
Please note, however, that the Priority List system gives anyone who is unsuccessful in getting onto trips an excellent chance of getting onto one the following term — see allocation procedure.
Look at the Alumni page for information on our alumni scheme.
Data Protection Act
The Club records the membership details given voluntarily on the Membership Forms in a computer database. It is a legal requirement that the Club notifies you that this is the case. If you wish to have your details removed from the computer database, then you may. The information stored will only be made available to the Clubs’ Committee, the Proctors and the British Mountaineering Council (BMC), and will not be distributed to other organisations except as stated below. The information forwarded to the BMC includes your name, date of birth, sex, address and email address. Please contact the Membership Secretary (email@example.com), for more information or to see the details held about you. For information on the BMC see their website (external link).
The Club will also, on request by any organisation that has agreed with the Club to offer benefits to Club members or that has agreed with the BMC to offer benefits to members of BMC-affiliated clubs, verify whether or not there is a current Club member matching details that they supply. In doing so, the Club will not supply any member information other than a yes/no response.