Our flagship social event of the year! Join us for a fun evening of music, dancing, food and drink! Ticket prices are a very reasonable £10 online. Unfortuantely we cannot sell tickets at the door – so please purchase your ticket before Friday so that we can pass the participant list to the venue in good time. Capacity is limited (as of Monday 5pm we have approx. 15 spaces left), so sign up online below to guarantee your space! See you there!
|Time:||7:30pm, Saturday 17th Feb|
|Venue:||Mordan Hall, St Hughes college. Ask at the lodge for directions.|
Local walks are run every weekend during term. They are open to anyone; no signup or membership is required, just turn up at the meeting point on the day.
- Walk the Windrush, Saturday 13th January (end of 0th week)
- Boars Hill and Raleigh Park,
Sunday 21stSaturday 20th January (end of 1st week)
- TBC (end of 2nd week)
- TBC (end of 3rd week)
- Amazing Abingdon, Saturday 10th February (end of 4th week)
- TBC (end of 5th week)
- Winchester Circular, Saturday 24th February (end of 6th week)
- Henley to Pangbourne, Saturday 3rd March (end of 7th week)
The course is now fully booked, but please contact email@example.com if you would like go on the waiting list in case any spaces become available.
The club will be holding a first aid course during Hilary term 2018, and you can sign up using the form below. This course is ideal if you want to become a level 1 leader for the club, and as such will be subsidised provided you are a member of the club. More information about leading for the club can be found here. An outline of the course contents follows below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries, about the course or more general stuff, or would simply like more information.
– Content: the course will equip you for handling the most common hillwalking injuries in the UK context, which means less than a day away from help, and in most cases, probably 4 to 8 hours from help. The syllabus is the Emergency First Aid course by Rescue Emergency Care (REC).
– Approach: the training is mostly through hands-on exercises, some of which will be done outside in the University Parks. This is complemented by discussion, background on how the body works and useful guidelines and approaches to situations.
– Trainer: the course will be run for us by George Fell, a freelance outdoor first aid trainer, Oxford alumnus, paddler and climber. George has run 6 courses for the club, always with very good feedback from club members.
– Certificate: you will receive a “REC Emergency First Aid” certificate, certified by Rescue Emergency Care (REC). This will be valid for 3 years.
– Club requirements: this course is the first step to being approved to lead on OUWC trips, if this interests you – always very welcomed by the club!
– NGB requirements: the course meets the National Governing Body requirements for most UK outdoor sports, including Mountain Training UK and BCU, for those who have or are interested in outdoor leadership qualifications.
|Date:||Saturday 20 January and Sunday 21 January|
|Time:||8:45am – 5pm on Saturday, 8:45am – 5:30pm on Sunday|
|Venue:||Martin Wood Building, Department of Physics|
|Cost:||£30, membership required|
Hello fellow hikers! As always we’ve got some great walks lined up for you this term! Follow the links above/below to local walks and minibus trips to find out more. You will be able to signup for the minibus trips until 4th May. As always our local walks are completely free – just turn up to these on the day. To find out more about any of the trips come along to our free cake event on Wednesday 2nd May. See you all out there!