Local walks are run every weekend during term. They are open to anyone; no signup or membership is required, just turn up at the meeting point on the day.
- Malvern Hills (Freshers’ Walk), Sunday 8th October (end of 0th week)
- Chilterns and Chequers, Saturday 14th October (end 1st week)
- Cookham to Maidenhead, Saturday 21st October (end 2nd week)
- Laurie Lee Way (Cotswolds), Saturday 28th October (end 3rd week)
- Dawdle to Dorchester, Saturday 4th November (end 4th week)
- Boar’s Hill, Saturday 11th November (end 5th week)
- Mr Toad & Mr Poirot, Saturday 18th November (end of 6th week)
More to follow
Date: Saturday 4th November (end of 4th week)
DETAILS CHANGED DUE TO WEATHER FORECAST
This enjoyable walk will take you to the Wittenham Clumps, two prominent hills overlooking the river Thames. They offer beautiful views and one of them, the Castle Hill, received its name from an Iron Age hillfort which used to be located there. The formidable Dorchester Abbey, built on the site of an ancient Saxon cathedral, will be another reward along the way.
It will be muddy in places. Walking shoes or boots are strongly advised!
||Oxford Railway Station
||10:20am (train departs at 10:35am)
||£7.55 with railcard/group discount, £9.70 otherwise
||Please bring a packed lunch
||Alex Beckett (firstname.lastname@example.org)