Local walks are run on weekends during term time. They are open to anyone and no membership is required, however due to the social distancing regulations we used a sign-up system with a maximum capacity of five participants (plus the leader). Sign-up for walks on each weekend opens on Monday of each week, and will be circulated via our mailing list.
Please note the following schedule is tentative; further walks, modifications and further details will be added as the term progresses.
- Freshers’ Walk: Banbury Figure of Eight, Saturday 10th October
- Seven Shires Way Part I, Saturday 10th October
- Freshers’ Walk: Exploring Oxford and beyond, Sunday 11th October
- Bessels Leigh and Cumnor, Saturday 17th October
- Final Stage of the Ridgeway, Saturday 17th October
- Wytham Woods Navigation Training, Sunday 18th October
- Blenheim Circular, Saturday 18th October
- Exploring the Cotswolds, Sunday 25th October
- Navigation Training, Sunday 1st November
- Otmoor Bird Sanctuary, Sunday 1st November
Exploring the Berkshire Hills, Saturday 7th November Chilterns Circular, Sunday 8th November Islip and Water Eaton, Saturday 14th November Reading to Goring, Sunday 15th November Uffington White Horse, Saturday 21st November Reading to Henley, Sunday 22nd November Great Malvern, Sunday 29th November Marathon Walk, Sunday 29th November
Note: The crossed-out walks were cancelled due to the second National lockdown. During this time a WhatsApp group was set up among members to arrange informal walks in pairs, and a page of suggested walking routes around Oxford was set up for members to try.