At the beginning of 2nd Week, a random ballot is conducted to allocate places on Weekend Trips and Minibus Day Trips for the current term.
Places are allocated according to the following procedure for each trip:
- Priority is given in the following order:
- The Trip Organiser(s), Minibus Driver(s) and Trip Leaders for that trip.
- ‘Plus ones’ of Trip Organisers/Drivers/Leaders (one per person only).
- Holders of a valid outdoor first aid certificate (‘Group of Equals’ Trips only).
- Members on the Priority List from last term (for one trip only).
- Trip Leaders, Organisers and Drivers of other trips that term (for one trip only, and at committee’s discretion).
- Other participants.
- If the trip is oversubscribed then a random ballot is used to decide which people are to participate. Each participant is entered into the ballot individually. It is not possible for couples, friends etc. to ballot jointly.
- Members will lose their place if they have not paid and filled in the relevant forms five days after they are offered a place on a trip.
- Those who do not get allocated a place on the trip will be placed on a waiting list. As places become available due to drop-outs or non-payments, they will be offered to the waiting list. They will usually be offered to individuals on the waiting list in ballot order, but if time is a limiting factor then places may be offered to the whole waiting list in a first-come-first served manner.
- Anyone who does not get a place on any trips they signed up for in a given term, and who remains unsuccessfully on the waiting list for each trip will be placed on the Priority List for the following term. Note that anyone who declines a place offered to them while on a waiting list will not be placed on the Priority List.
- . If places open up they will be offered to all on the waiting list with a 24-hour response deadline, allocated following the initial results from the ballot.
The committee reserves the right to change the procedure for allocating trip places at any time. In all cases, the decision of the club committee in allocating places is final.