Saturday 30th November
**Update: This walk has been cancelled, and will be postponed for a later date. A replacement long walk will be happening on the same day, along the Chiltern way.**
Join us for the finale of the Ridgeway walks, where we will head into the heart of the Chilterns. This section is one of the more varied parts of the trail, passing through beech woods, rolling hills, chalk grasslands, and even goes by Chequers. The trail will end at Beacon Hill, and we will take a bus back from Ivinghoe via Aylesbury.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of if you’ve come to the previous parts. At 33km this walk is a bit on the long side, so please make sure to bring plenty of food and water along with suitable footwear.
|Meet:||Oxford Railway Station|
|Time:||07:55 for the 08:11 train to Princes Risborough (via Haddeham & Thame)|
|Return:||Approx 6-8PM (7 hours walking)|
|Leader:||Chris Irving (christopher.irving“at”keble.ox.ac.uk)|
Additional Travel Information
- Train from Princes Risborough: change via Haddenham & Thame Parkway (off-peak single is £5.50 with railcard / groupsave)
- 08:11 Chiltern Rail to Haddeham & Thame Parkway (Platform 1) (arrives 08:38)
- 09:14 Chiltern Rail to Princes Risborough (Platform 2) (arrives 09:21)
- Return option 1 to Oxford: take the 61 bus from Ivinghoe (The Green) to Aylesbury (probably ~£3), then the 280 bus to Oxford (£6.50 for a single). Depending on arrival time either take:
- 16:13 bus from Ivinghoe (arrives 16:54), then 17:01 bus to Oxford (arrives 18:13)
- 17:28 bus from Ivinghoe (arrives 18:09), then 18:30 bus to Oxford (arrives 19:53)