The course is now fully booked, but please contact email@example.com if you would like go on the waiting list in case any spaces become available.
The club will be holding a first aid course during Hilary term 2019, and you can sign up using the form below. This course is ideal if you want to become a level 1 leader for the club, and as such will be subsidised provided you are a member of the club. More information about leading for the club can be found here. An outline of the course contents follows below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries, about the course or more general stuff, or would simply like more information.
– Content: the course will equip you for handling the most common hillwalking injuries in the UK context, which means less than a day away from help, and in most cases, probably 4 to 8 hours from help. The syllabus is the Emergency First Aid course by Rescue Emergency Care (REC).
– Approach: the training is mostly through hands-on exercises, some of which will be done outside in the University Parks. This is complemented by discussion, background on how the body works and useful guidelines and approaches to situations.
– Trainer: the course will be run for us by George Fell, a freelance outdoor first aid trainer, Oxford alumnus, paddler and climber. George has run 6 courses for the club, always with very good feedback from club members.
– Certificate: you will receive a “REC Emergency First Aid” certificate, certified by Rescue Emergency Care (REC). This will be valid for 3 years.
– Club requirements: this course is the first step to being approved to lead on OUWC trips, if this interests you – always very welcomed by the club!
– NGB requirements: the course meets the National Governing Body requirements for most UK outdoor sports, including Mountain Training UK and BCU, for those who have or are interested in outdoor leadership qualifications.
|Date:||Saturday 16 Februrary and Sunday 17 Februrary|
|Time:||8:45am – 5pm on Saturday, 8:45am – 5:30pm on Sunday|
|Venue:||Robert Hooke Building|
|Cost:||£30, membership required|